In life, we all get stuck in ruts from time to time. With Christmas behind us and New Year right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to work afresh on a part of yourself or your lifestyle that you’ve been meaning to overhaul. The New Year is always an exciting time. It symbolizes transformation, change and starting new. It’s the perfect time when you can let go of your old ways and begin again.
Here are a few suggestions on how you can reboot and recharge yourself for 2012
- 30 Days to Health: Use the month of January to start new eating habits. Maybe you want to become vegetarian, vegan or completely raw. Or maybe you just want to eliminate processed foods like; frozen food, chips, soft drinks, candy and essential junk foods.
- Go on a Detoxifying cleanse: The Sloane Diet Detox kit (S$188) is a 7-day regime designed to flush out toxins, up your metabolism, cut calories and intensively reboot your health and eating habits. I’ve personally done this 3 times. It helps you rejuvenate your body and your mind. When you’re not spending your energy on digestion, your body can use its energy to heal itself.
- Maintain the chain: For the month of January make a pact to exercise every day. Each day you exercise, you put an X through that day on calendar. Your job is to not break the chain. I’ve personally found this to be an awesome motivator because you can see all the progress you’ve made and it would hurt too much to break the chain.
- Tap the troupe: It’s easy to fall off the wagon when you’re going it alone. Join a local fitness group, recruit friends on runs or take up a team sport. That way you’ll have others that will help hold you accountable.
a. Reboot your skincare:
If your skin has been looking dull and lifeless recently, it’s probably time to reboot your skin care routine. Here are 5 must-have ingredients for healthy, glowing, younger-looking skin
- AHAs: Penetrate the skin to remove dead skin cells and improve texture and tone
- Retinol: Unclogs pores, boosts collagen to reduce fine lines, and speeds cell turnover to even out discoloration and smooth the skin
- Antioxidants: Protect skin from free-radical damage
- Peptides: Increase collagen production, thereby making the skin thicker and reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- Sunscreen: Protects skin from harmful UV rays
b. Give your skin a wakeup call:
Laser toning is a gentle yet effective way to improve skin tone and texture, and remove pigmentation, scars, wrinkles and dullness. For tired saggy faces, or wrinkly eyelids and eyebags, the new Thermage CPT system tightens and lifts your face and eyes with no surgery, no downtime, and long-lasting results.