It’s been exactly 3 weeks since the implementation of the Circuit Breaker measures… and we still have more than a month to go.
Boredom is probably the first sentiment most of us are going through right now, it is time to snap out of it!
Rather than wallow in your boredom, you need a checklist of all the things you can do to not kill, but rather meaningfully fill up all the wealth of time you have at home.
Read more: Good Things Do Come in Small Packages.
Making the Best Out of Boredom
There is a giant chunk of time in between working from home and your mandatory beauty sleep.
While going shopping or drinking or dinner with friends is now of that to-do list with the circuit breaker, there is no better time than now to show yourself some love, and adopt some new habits that you might take beyond this lockdown period.
Here’s a checklist of new habits you can adopt for the sake of your well-being because there’s no greater love than self-love, right?
The #SlayAtHome Checklist
- Rise and shine: One perk about working from home is the fact that you do not need to wake up in a panicked frenzy, take a quick shower and throw on some clothes while you do your make up in the cab. Wake at your own time, and start the day bright with a revitalizing and anti-oxidizing facial cleanse. How you start your day dictates the rest of it – so start off with a shine.
- 30 minutes to win it: If you’ve been looking for excuses to ‘miss out’ on gym classes pre-circuit breaker, well good and bad news: you have no reason to now! Without the exertions of traveling to work and social obligations, take a little time to work up a little sweat from home with some simple home-based exercises – I promise you won’t feel guilty from last night’s snack-filled Netflix binge!
- A Misty Midday Boost: Now your pores have all opened up sweating it out for half an hour on the exercise mat. After an invigorating shower, take advantage of what your skin can absorb with a refreshing midday facial mist to unclog and cleanse all your pores, something you might never be able to do when you’re in the office.
- Online Deal Hunting: With everyone cooped up at home and all retail establishments grinding their operations to a halt, the only cure for that shopping itch is via your keyboard. I don’t know about you, but I’ve been receiving countless emails with salivating orders, free shipping, and even new products specially curated for the stay-home period. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the latest and the newest on the market!
- Netflix and… Peel: We can never thank Netflix enough to tide us through this homestay period. What would we do with cable TV reruns for two months? I think I speak for everyone when I say we’re either hooked on binge-watching one series or the other, just to kill the time. Maximize those hours spent with your very own customized Bespoke Facial Peel. Leave it on, lie back and chill!
Check these 5 items off your checklist, and that should just about set the tone for your day, and the rest of the days remaining during the Circuit Breaker period… maybe even beyond!