When our skin concerns arise, our trusted skincare products are always here to the rescue!
But just how beneficial can our safe choices in skincare products be?
According to Dr Low Chai Ling, SW1 Clinic’s founder and medical director, she recommends switching out your skincare products from time to time for two reasons:
- Your skin needs tend to change as we age. For example, in your younger days, your skin used to produce more oil caused by puberty. As you get older, your skin may change from an oily skin type to a combination skin type. You may even form skin reactions that weren’t present in the early stages of life due to bodily changes.
- When using the same skincare products, your skin will build a tolerance against them, making them less effective over time. To effectively counter it, simply change out your skincare products with a variety of active ingredients that can keep your skin in tip-top condition.
Now that we know the wonders in prepping our skin with various skincare products, here are our recommendations:
Skincare product #1: Water Lift Water Lifting Glow Cream (SW1 Clinic)
For those who would wish to achieve a dewy complexion, this power-lifting cream nourishes the skin with three essential ingredients:
- Retinol: This anti-aging agent reduces fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen in the skin.
- Azelaic acid: This powerhouse acid prevents future acne outbreaks from occurring as it clears the pores, kills the bacteria and soothes inflammation.
- Hyaluronic acid: With its ability to lock the moisture in our skin, it increases hydration levels that make our complexion glow naturally.
Skincare product #2: Rose Quartz Energy Drink (SW1 Clinic)
Formulated with two key ingredients, this energy drink promises to recharge your skin with the following benefits:
- Ellagic acid: This powerful antioxidant repairs and protects the skin from environmental stressors, such as UV rays, dirt and pollution.
- Rosehip extracts: It reduces discolouration and hyperpigmentation while restoring the skin’s firmness, smoothness and suppleness.