In our modern-day society, men are becoming more attentive to their appearance, which by all means there is absolutely no shame in wanting to take better care of yourself. In fact, it is better to start earlier than never – your skin will be thanking you in the future!
While it may seem like a hassle to kickstart grooming yourself (considering the various youtube tutorials), start off by taking care of your face. This is due to the fact that people, in general, make the first impression by looking at your facial features. Typically, signs of aging are one of the factors which people would use to gauge your age. To maintain your skin condition, a proper skin care regimen must be in place in order to leave a healthy glow to your complexion!
So, what makes a proper skincare regimen?
For starters, here are 4 skincare essentials:
- Cleanser: Keeps your face clean from traces of dirt, excess oil and unwanted skin cells.
- Moisturiser: Hydrates and softens the skin while balancing your complexion.
- Serum: Contains key active ingredients to treat specific skin concerns
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin from harmful UV rays
If these skincare products are not enough to address your skin concerns, you can check out some facials, which some may mistake for “pampering” sessions. More rather, facials can actually deeply cleanse the skin, which, in turn, removes dirt and improves the complexion.
Particularly for men, there are two main reasons why men should go for facials:
- Naturally, men have larger pores. This also means that it has high exposure to dirt and pollution.
- Due to the fact that men have higher levels of testosterone, the skin would produce more oil. This can result in potential clogs forming on the skin, which may lead to skin concerns like acne.
Here are some recommended facials to try:
- Fast Fix: Packed with infusions of vitamins and serums, it is a quick 30 minutes cleansing session.
- Deep Deep Clean: A thorough cleansing session that unclogs the skin with an ultrasonic deep pore purging which includes a fruit acid wash and facial wrap.