Have you been feeling in the dumps lately where you cannot seem to find the drive that keeps you going? If so, you may be experiencing burnout which could be due to long periods of pent-up stress from your day-to-day activities with the lack of self-care.
Not saying that you should put everything on halt in your life – challenges can make you grow as a person. Instead, this could be a sign to start being intentional in taking care of yourself. A great example of such an action would be to reward yourself with your favourite activity after a long day at work or school. This shows that you acknowledge your efforts in doing your best while giving yourself the space to recharge to face new challenges tomorrow.
To cultivate this behaviour, try coming up with a routine that you would be willing to take part in with no ill feelings. Here are some guidelines on how to take care of yourself intentionally:
1) Set out realistic goals you wish to achieve for the day
By listing out the things you want to accomplish for the day, it helps you to keep in mind the tasks on hand. While this may seem overwhelming with the mountains of tasks that need to get done, it is important to break down the tasks and prioritise them accordingly to help you manage things easier.
2) Make time to do the things you enjoy
Work hard, play hard! By setting aside time for yourself to enjoy doing the things you love, you are creating healthy boundaries that allow your energy to be segregated into various areas of your life. It also allows you to allocate the space to “slow down” and relax in the moment.
Lastly, planning for future events brings a sense of excitement, which can be a form of motivation to keep yourself pushing forward.
3) Take care of your physical appearance
Look good, feel good! How we present ourselves daily does play a big role in boosting our self-esteem and self-confidence. With a simple skincare routine, you can ease yourself into a peaceful state of mind while blessing your skin with the essential ingredients it needs.
Here are some skincare products with key pointers to look out for:
- Cleanser: A gentle, pH-balanced cleanser that is suitable for any skin type. Meet SKIN LAUNDRY I 24K Gold Cleanser! Formulated with 24K gold and champagne grape leaves extract, it replenishes the skin with vital essential oils and antioxidants.
- Moisturiser: Hyaluronic acid would be recommended for its ability to lock the moisture in our skin, increases the hydration levels. Check out Water Lift Water Lifting Glow Cream that promises your complexion to glow naturally!
- Sunscreen: A good dose of SPF 30 will protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Introducing Umbrella UV-Protection & Light-Diffusing Cream that contains a mega-dose of SPF 70 and 100% chemical-free, making it suitable for sensitive skin.
4) Practice positive self-talk
Imagine yourself talking to a child that needs someone to cheer them up – sometimes, they just need to hear some encouragement. Similarity, when we are caught up in our daily responsibilities, we may feel down and unmotivated. By setting yourself the right mood, in the long-run, it will change the way you think and see yourself as an individual.